Steven N. Klitzner is a Miami attorney who practices exclusively in the area of IRS Problem Resolution. A 1979 graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, he has been a solo practitioner since 1993.
Steve is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, United States Tax Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. He has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest rating of the publication, and a 10.0 rating by Avvo. He also has been selected as an outstanding attorney by Super Lawyers.
In 2021, Steve was appointed to a three year term with the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC). The IRSAC presents an annual report of recommendations to the Commissioner of Internal Revenue. As an advisory body designed to focus on broad policy matters, the IRSAC proposes enhancements to IRS operations, recommends administrative and policy changes to improve taxpayer service, compliance and tax administration, and conveys the public’s perception of professional standards and best practices for tax professionals.
He is a charter member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, a member of its Continuing Professional Education Committee, and a recipient of the organization’s Top Practitioner Award. He is a member of the Advisory Board and a Consulting Member of the Tax Freedom Institute, an association of tax professionals in defense of taxpayer rights.
Steve frequently lectures around the country, speaking to enrolled agents, attorneys, and certified public accountants in the areas of collections, audits, and appeals.
- BA (Bachelors) from University of Miami (1976)
- JD (Juris Doctorate) from University of Miami (1979) School of Law
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar
- AV Rating: Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AVVO 10.0
- Top Practitioner: American Society of Tax Problems Solvers
- American Society of IRS Problem Solvers
- Tax Freedom Institute (Consulting Member)
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (Charter Member)
- Florida Bar Association
For more on my services, click here.